Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Birthday Bliss - February 24, 2009

Well, thankfully, the big 50 day is over. But, let me tell you how it all went down...
My daughter, Sarah, came in from New York to visit on the weekend. On Saturday, I was sent out to a birthday lunch with a friend about noon. Yes, I said "sent".... that should have been my first clue.
Now, lunch was interesting to say the least. I can honestly say that I have never had lunch at a table with complete strangers, whilst watching a man flip shrimp tails into his hat and his shirt pocket! It was a Japanese restaurant where they make your food on a grill right in the middle of your table. (I'm sheltered, so I don't want to hear how you have all been to one of these places)...These are some interesting things I learned from this lunch:
1. Wear summer clothes...having a 400 degree grill right in the middle of your table gives a whole new meaning to hot flashes!
2. Keep your conversations at a whisper, lest you want everyone's opinion and advice at the table on your new toenail trimmer.
3. Plan on finding random "escapee" shrimp tails in your food. Either our cook was not very good at "flipping" the tails into his hat, or he had a secret vendetta against us....and
4. Say no when the only other person at the table with a birthday the same day as yours suggests that you meet back there at the same time next year for a repeat performance.
On to the next adventure on that day...
I got home only to walk into my house and find wall to wall people. A surprise party....! Oh my... I think the surprise was on them, as I had neglected my cleaning for a few weeks because I had been working on my sites nonstop. I was mortified. All I could think about was whether or not they had seen my studio.... 'cause I would win the prize right now for the most dust bunnies this side of the Mississippi! Once I got over the thought that they had all seen my mess, I had a great time. Friends, food, gifts...AND the only one that threw up at my party, was my cat, Romeo. (He'll never live that one down..heh.)Yes... a birthday I will never forget! *wink*

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you too! You share your birthday month with my sister and her husband!!! It's been wonderful to get to know you thru esmarts and I look forward to working with you for our team! Teri Twitter: Teri_B
    http://www.SandTCreations.com/wordpress
    http://SandTCreations.Etsy.com

    ReplyDelete